Tuesday, December 16, 2008

where do you stew?

During the election I had some interesting conversations with people. I’m always amazed that two people can read the same Bible and follow the same Jesus and reach radically different conclusions about something like the presidential election.

And I realized that when other people make the wrong conclusions, it is often because they have drawn their views from sources that I find to be suspect. But of course, they would say the same about me. So I did a little exercise to examine my own influences, and I came up with a list of places (figurative) that I “hang out”. I’m only including websites here, because there are other very significant shaping influences in our lives (family, friends, other forms of media etc.)

However, for our purposes, I’m only including websites. If you see this list, it will help you understand why I draw many of the conclusions that I do. I suspect that if you do this exercise for yourself, you’ll find that the same is true for you. So here I go. If you decide to do this, please let me know. And if you have a suggestion for me, please tell me that too. Especially if it comes from the left…I’m looking for something to challenge how I think (that’s good enough to be worth my time).

Theology/Apologetics
www.str.org
www.theologica.blogspot.com
www.scriptoriumdaily.com
www.pearceyreport.com

Politics/Commentary/Culture
www.hughhewitt.com
www.acton.org

Sports
www.espn.com
www.huskerpedia.com
www.kansascity.com
www.joeposnanski.com
www.ranyonetheroyals.com

Laughs
www.lileks.com
www.larknews.com
www.homestarrunner.com

No comments: