Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a few more Twilight thoughts...

I have this recurring fear that someone will read what I wrote about the movie and think that I endorse it or somehow don't take the occult seriously. To clarify, my main goal was to explain the movie's popularity, not produce a comprehensive review.

Scott J. showed me this article
http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php/4301/Brannon-Howse/By-Ingrid-Schlueter
when I mentioned the movie to him. It has me thinking. I have five questions about the passage that she references (Deuteronomy 18:9-12). I’ll answer the easy ones myself.

1. Are these practices sinful? (yes!)
2. Is it always a sin to depict these practices? (no…the Bible depicts them, but doesn’t endorse them).
3. Is it a sin to glorify these practices? (yes!)
4. Does Twilight depict these practices? (some of them…)
5. Does Twilight glorify these practices? (hmmm…)
6. Is it always a sin to attend a movie that glorifies these practices? (hmmm…)

No comments: